This year has flown by and everyone seems to be searching for some sense of normalcy in the safest way possible. 2020 has been full of constant changes, but we're pleased to announce that this year's Golf Classic is still on the books and it's only a month away! Join us at BridgeMill Athletic Club on October 12th and enjoy a day full of golf, fun, and raising money for CCEF to benefit the students and staff of the Cherokee County School District! In preparation, here are some ways to improve your golf game.
How to Prepare for the Golf Classic
- It's easy to get caught up in how far you can hit the ball when on the course. However, the best way to keep your game up and your score low is to focus on hitting the ball straighter instead of further.
- Know what you're capable of. You don't want to under or over-estimate your swing. Be realistic with yourself about what you can or can't do. This can help you choose the right clubs and make realistic decisions that will help your overall golf game.
- Practice up and downs to make sure that you can do what needs to be done when you don't quite make it to the green. This can make or break a hole and your chance at par!
- Putt, putt, and putt some more! There's nothing like setting yourself up for a birdie only to come out with a double bogie because you couldn't quite finish the way you wanted to. Dedicate yourself to some time on the putting green in preparation for this year's classic!
- Keep your routine consistent. All of the golf greats have a steady routine that they always adhere to on the course. This helps your tempo and makes you more comfortable overall, thus helping your score!
Now that you have some skills to work on, it's time to register! We have a variety of sponsorship opportunities, as well as raffle and silent auction items. Click here for the full list of sponsorship opportunities.
In the words of Arnold Palmer, "Success in golf depends less on strength of body than upon strength of mind and character." So, strengthen your mind, character, and skill set and get ready to support the Cherokee County School District!